Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to the Grind

Moved back onto campus yesterday. So far so good; my roommates seem pretty cool (one brought a grappling hook to campus. No, I'm not kidding) so I think we're going to get along fine.

First day of classes was today. Theories of the Origin of Life... yawn (it's a required class for THC); Studies in Poetry... I dunno, we'll see (required for my major, but I don't mind); and... Fencing. HECK YEAH!!!! We're going to study both European-style fencing (the kind with foils) and Kendo! (Samurai Swords FTW!!!). Yep, this semester's gonna rock.

I've also managed to catch up with pretty much all of my friends. The ones who aren't abroad this semester, that is. Which is surprising, because I've been spending as much time as possible in the dorm. No, I'm not turning into a hermit; it's bloody COLD outside! High of 30 today; that's the warmest it's been in WEEKS!!! It was warmer in the ALPS than it was in Philly. No lie; I checked Accuweather on Saturday; 23 degrees F in Philly, 28 F in Salzburg. Forget Maine; I'm gonna move to Mississippi.

No comments: