Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Declaration of Intent: Without Remorse

I was just staring at one of my bookshelves, looking over my massive collection, when one particular title suddenly jumped out at me: Without Remorse by Tom Clancy. It suddenly occurred to me that, although I have owned the book for at least three years now, I have never finished reading it. I've started it at least four times, twice making it through 3/4 to 7/8 of the book, but I have never actually finished reading it. I really liked the book too, it's definitely one of my top Clancy pics, but every time I read it, something comes up and I never get a chance to finish it.

Well, now I've got 24 days of Winter Break left, nothing big going on, and nothing major looming in my future. So I'm making my goals for the remainder of vacation:

  1. Put a very big chunk in Justice Delayed, if not finish it entirely.
  2. Read Without Remorse from cover to cover.
I'm a much faster reader than I am a writer, so I'll probably finish reading Without Remorse long before I finish the first draft of Justice Denied. Figure I'll be done the book in, oh, two weeks. I'll let you know when I finish. Do me a favor: If I don't report that I've finished it by January 12, get on my case about it.

No comments: