Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Enemies & Allies

The Dark Knight Meets The Man of Steel.

That's the new book I'm reading. Bought it yesterday at Barnes & Noble. It's called Enemies & Allies. It's one of those Batman meets Superman stories, only this one is set in the late 1950s, at the height of the Cold War. So it's (really) a combination of a Superhero novel and a Cold-War thriller. Which, I'm not ashamed to admit, are two of my favorite genres. It's also written by Kevin J. Anderson, an award-winning science fiction writer.

I'm not very far into it - Batman and Superman haven't even crossed paths yet - but I'm already hooked. I definitely recommend it for anyone who likes either superheroes or a good mystery or thriller... or both.

No comments: