Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Monster Hunter International (A Shameless Plug)

On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jackass of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.

Now, I didn't just wake up that morning and decide that I was going to kill my boss with my bare hands. It really was much more complicated than that. In my life up to that point I would never have even considered something that sounded so crazy. I was just a normal guy, a working stiff. Heck, I was an accountant. It doesn't get much more mundane than that.

That one screwed-up event changed my life. Little did I realize that turning my boss into sidewalk pizza would have so many bizarre consequences. Well, technically, he did not actually hit the sidewalk. He landed on the roof of a double-parked Lincoln Navigator, but I digress.

My name is Owen Zastava Pitt and this is my story.



So opens Monster Hunter International, a novel by Larry Correia. This book is now on the top of my must-read wish list. You gotta hear how I heard about it.

Last year, I was cruising around the internet when I across various plugs for a book called Monster Hunter International. It was a self-published work by a guy named Larry Correia. All I knew about it was basically about a group of Monster Hunters. Fantasy/Horror isn't usually my thing, though, so I ignored it at first.

Eventually, I came across the author's blog, which has the first chapter of MHI posted. I read it, and was immediately hooked. Unfortunately, Correia having recently signed a contract with Baen Books, the self-published version was out of print. Curses!

Anyway, the Baen version of MHI hits shelves in August, but Baen recently posted the first seven chapters online... for free! w00t! I highly reccomend checking the sample out. You can read it here.

Now I gotta wait three months for the book to come out so I can read the rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy it on Baen.com webscriptions and you can have it a month early in ebook for 1/2 is avail two months before so you can now read half according to baen