Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Back Burner Bummer

Okay, before I get started, I'd like to inform everyone that Chapter 2 of Codename: White Knight is complete. Unlike in Chapter 1, there is a significan amount of action taking place (most of the chapter is one huge shootout). And yes, to some of my readers' displeasure, there is a fair amount of "gun jargon" as it's become known. Fortunately for those of you who despise "gun jargon," there will be significantly less of it as the story progresses. I know for a fact that there will be some in Chapters 3 and 4, but aside from the names and maybe the basic specs of weapons, that should be just about it.

Now, onto the meat of the post.

In light of recent events, i.e. the fact that my life had just one a complete 540, I find that my needs, and therefore my financial priorities, have shifted significantly. Because I'll likely be commuting to college next semester, and since I no longer have a functioning PC, those have become my two new financial priorities, though not exactly in that order. Here's what the list looks like now:

  1. New Computer (Dell XPS M2010 Notebook with Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Windows Vista operating system, 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 Memory, 256MB ATI Mobility RADEON X1800 Graphics Card, 8.1 surround sound, and 240GB of hard drive space! Yeah, right.)
  2. Car (2007 Chevorlet Corvette Z06, LeMans Blue with Arcitc White Racing Stripes. 505 horsepower, 470 ft/lbs of torque, 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds, 200mph top speed! Not gonna happen!)
  3. Wii Games (Zelda, Excite Truck, and Call of Duty, baby! These might actually become reality.)
  4. Airsoft gun (with battery, charger, spare magazines, and extra BBs).

The worst part is that I just got a ton of birthday money and figured out the perfect gun to spend it on: the brand-new Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM. Full-metal construction, textured stock, working bolt, 70-round magazine, built-on scope mout, all it needs is a silencer and a red-dot sight, and then it'd be perfect. *sigh* Major bummer. I think some of nerdjedi's practicalitly may be rubbing off on me.

Nah.

5 comments:

Tim said...

My review: It's horrible. Bloody horrific!

(Let me give you another review after I read it...)

Anonymous said...

Obviously your only interest in this fantasy is cars and guns. Starwars and Startrek and hundreds of other succesful pieces of s*** are just like that, so not to worry.

I love airsoft guns. You know, I have used them but I have never ever been shot by one. I got shot by a bebe gun twice.

Raptor said...

Wait until I actually get a few chapters in before you make snide comments about my so-called "interests."

And it's "BB gun". Not bebe, BB.

Anonymous said...

Men and their guns and cars and stuffs. Sorry if that is a little sexist.

Anonymous said...

I think we should get a picture of Dax and shoot him with an airsoft gun.