Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Monday, October 2, 2006

Oblivion


This is a poster I cooked up for nerdjedi's first Movie Poster Contest on Multimedia of the Mind. It didn't win, much to my chargrin. It lost to Sam's Snakes in a Car poster. Not that I'm jealous or anything (okay, maybe I am. A little)...

Anyways, the movie is called Stargate: Oblivion (duh). I actually made this before Tim announced his contest, having just discovered the wonder of Flickr Photo Toys, but decided that it would make a great entry. But nerdjedi was looking for a funny poster, and mine didn't cut the mustard.

Anyways, the movie (if it was ever made) would take place about five years from now, so about Season 15 for SG-1 and Season 8 for Atlantis. The Stargate Program is now public knowledge. Humanity is slowly but surely colonizing the Milky Way and Pegasus Galaxies The Goa'uld, Wraith, Replicators, Ori, and whatever other aiens the SGC may have fought have all been defeated, the original SG-1 team has been permanetly disbanded, all is right with the universe. That is, until a race of powerfu, ruthless aliens (unnamed at this point) from an unknown galaxy invade the Pegasus Galaxy and begin a sweeping conquest towards Earth. And that's all I have figured out right now (Maybe there could be a sequal?)

I was going to announce another contest, this one relating to movie posters, when I remembered that my computer has a thing about email attachments (when I try to open one, my computer freezes up), so I guess that won't happen until my email starts working again, or until I get a new computer (January...)

Well, that's all I got right now. Comment in your Star Wars recasting entries PLEASE! (All I've got right now is Humphry Bogart to play Han Solo) and let me know what you think of the poster.

3 comments:

Sam Austin said...

i would cast puppets as everything, and i'd do all the voices.

hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I'd be good as Jaba.

Anonymous said...

It's spelled "Jabba". With two "b"s