Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Monday, January 19, 2009

College: One Week In

Well, I've officially been on campus for one week, and I'm not dead yet. Or sick. Or in the hospital. Or anything. Except busy, that is. So I guess I'm making out okay. I just hope that the menu changes in the dining hall this week. It's been barbecue stuff all week, which I really can't eat. I'm getting sick of hamburgers, which was the only safe food to be had, besides the deli bar.

It's been snowing on and off all day. I'd say we got about 2 inches. They salted the paths, but it's been sticking anyway. The paths were pretty slick when I got back from dinner about 2 hours ago; they could be frozen now for all I know. Maybe my early class will get canceled. I'm not banking on it, though I would like to be able to sleep in again.

So, yeah, on a different note...

I'm working on another story. This one's got nothing to do with my David Pierce series. In fact, it's a Western. Yes, you read that right. A Western. I'm trying to steer away from most of the classic B-Grade Movie cliches, but a few are going to be unavoidable if the plot goes the way I'm planning on taking it.

It's not very well-developed yet, not even a title. Just the concept, one main character, and the beginning of a very rough plot. I'll keep you updated as the story evolves. If I even have time to work on it (been very busy for the last week), I'll probably put Justice Delayed on hold, at least until I can get a decent plot ironed out.

Well, that's all for now. Later.

No comments: