Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is Getting Old, Fast

The fire alarm in my dorm went off again last night at about 12:20 AM, right as I was finally drifting off to sleep. Had to stand outside in the freezing cold for ten minutes until they could reset it, then when I finally got back into my room, it took forever to fall asleep.

Sound familiar?

This is actually the 6th or 7th time that this has happened this week. Fortunately for me, I missed all but 2. Unfortunately, those were the two that happened at absurdly late hours. None of 'em are drills either. We don't know if someone's pulling the alarm on us or people are just burning stuff in their microwaves. Actually, someone did pull the alarm once; a foreign exchange student thought that the alarm lever unlocked the door to her hall (having seen the lever in question, I can't blame her; it's literally right smack-dab next to the door). Still, the guys in my hall are in a foul mood about it. Trust me, if you've never done it before, standing out in the cold in nothing but your PJs and a pair of sneakers is not fun. And we're the lucky ones - there have been a decent number of people in the showers when the alarms have gone off. Ouch.

On the upside, I have had a chance to work on my Western some more. I've got something of a plot that I'm starting to flesh out, but it is a bit more cliched than I'd like. Hopefully I'll be able to de-cliche it when I go back and smooth it over. Still no ideas for a title, though. That probably won't happen until I'm finished writing the plot.

Actually, nevermind. I just came up with an idea: 'Til Death.

I'll keep you posted. Hopefully, that will mean more Western progress, less fire alarms.

No comments: