Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cracked 10,000

Finally broke the 10,000 word mark in Justice Delayed. Still haven't gotten very far into the plot, though, so I'm going to estimate that the finished product is going to be somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000 words long. (For comparison, the first draft of Codename: White Knight was about 37,000 words long)

Also, I've decided to alter the plot a little bit. Unfortunately, this is going to have a major impact on the rest of the David Pierce universe, so I'm going to have to rewrite White Knight. Fortunately, I was planning to do that anyway, but now it's definitive.

I move on campus Sunday, and classes start on Monday, so I'm gonna be busy for the next few months. I hope to have Justice Delayed finished by the end of the semester (early- to mid- May), and definitely by the end of August on the outside.

No comments: