Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dorm Room Woes

Well, we've been here less than a week, and my roommate and I have both decided that we're going to do everything we can to make sure we are not in this particular dorm next year.

It's small, it's noisy (utilities, not neighbors), it's hot, it's kinda dirty, the internet connection sucks, and it's a ghost town. At least, this particular hall is a ghost town. No one's ever really around, and when they are in, they keep their doors closed. It's like GCC all over again. Now, I know the rest of the school isn't like this, having visited several other dorms in the past. Funny how I wind up in places like this...

Fortunately, we're already underclassmen, and next year we'll be pretty high up the totem pole (my old AP credits might put me there already), so we should get pretty good dibs once housing signups for next year start rolling. I think that's only in a month or too. I'm gonna try and get in the newest dorm, but right now I'm in the oldest, so pretty much anything would be an improvement!

No comments: