Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wanna See Something Really Scary?



3:54: "I pledge to be a servant to our President."

Wait, what?

Okay, I'm looking over my copy of the Constitution right now, and it says that the President is supposed to serve the people of the United States, not the other way around.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Yeah, I know I've said some not so nice things about Obama before he got elected, but now, less than a week after being inaugurated, the man is really starting to frighten me.

First, he's closing Guantanamo Bay, which will result in hundreds of suspected terrorists being allowed to walk away, no questions asked. Next, he's outlawed the torture of known terrorists, which - given his administration's sweeping definition of terrorists (anything that makes the subject "uncomfortable) - has effectively castrated the United States' intelligence-gathering capabilities. Next, he signs an order forbidding lobyists from working in his administration, only to turn around and appoint a former lobbyist for Raytheon as Deputy Secratary of Defense. He wants to ban photographers from press briefings and distribute his own photos to the news media. He wants to authorize yet another bailout, one that will effectively double the national debt. He will more than likely severely curtail, if not overturn, the Second Ammendment. He wants to give the FBI and CIA permission to look over library records and Internet logs.

Now his personality cult wants me to pledge to be Obama's servant? No way, not me. I have only taken one pledge in my entire life, and I stand by it to this day.

I pledge alliegence to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

My loyalty stands with the Nation, not with the President.

No comments: