Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Funny How These Things Work Out

Yeah, Justice Delayed is in a bit of a slump right now. I finally cracked 9,000 words today, so it's just under half the length of the original More Than a Job, but I'm just now getting into the meat of the story (deliberate on my part.)

Honestly, I don't really know why this is taking me so long. I guess that part of it is that I'm at a rather dull point in the story (yeah, I'm lazy and only like to write exciting stuff), part of it's because I've already sort-of told this story once before, and part of it's because I'm trying to decide between three different ways to take the story. but that's not the whole thing.

I just... I dunno... Haven't really been motivated to write. I know, I've had a stinkin' month of no responsibilities or anything like that, yet I've hardly taken advantage of that time at all. In fact, the only times when I've actually thought out what I want to write next are the few times I've actually had something urgent I needed to do.

This isn't new either; this is always how I write; it's why it took me four months to finish the first draft of More Than a Job and five months for Codename: White Knight.

Yeah.

Funny how these things work out.

1 comment:

Sam Austin said...

sorry. that sounds pretty rough. writing always seems to work like that - where you really want to write when you have the least time.

btw, did you take the picture below?